Updated: July 14, 2022
This Privacy Notice applies to visitors of our website, direcfunds.com. Thank you for visiting DirecFunds.com! We take your privacy seriously and we want you to be fully informed about how you can be in control of your personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to our website, direcfunds.com (referred to as the “Website” from here on out). It describes the personal information we collect, how it is used and shared, and the choices you can make. We strive for transparency but if anything remains unclear, do not hesitate to contact us at the email address below with any questions or feedback you may have.
To make this Privacy Notice easy to find, we make it available in the footer section of all DirecFunds.com pages. You can also call 866.719.2075 (Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm ET, excluding New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) to request a copy be sent to you by U.S. mail.
By using this Website, you expressly consent to our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice. In other words, please do not use this Website if you do not agree with our Privacy Notice.
1. When this Privacy Notice applies
This Privacy Notices applies to the website, DirecFunds.com (referred to as the “Website” from here on out).
2. What personal information is
“Personal information” means information that identifies or can be used to identify you directly or indirectly. Examples of personal information include, but are not limited to, first and last name, email address, telephone number, IP address.
3. Personal information we have collected and shared
If you have visited our Website in the past 12 months, we may have collected, used and/or shared the following categories of personal information about you for a business purpose(s):
|Categories of personal information we have collected in the last 12 months on the Website:||Categories of sources from which information is collected:||Business purpose(s) for collection, use, and sharing:||Shared for business purpose(s) to the following categories of third parties:||Sold to the following categories of third parties:|
|Personal and online identifiers (e.g., name, email address, IP address or unique online identifiers||All categories listed below in Section 4.||All purposes listed below in Section 5.||All categories listed below in Section 6.||None|
|Certain personal information (e.g., address, telephone number)||All categories listed below in Section 4.||All purposes listed below in Section 5.||All categories listed below in Section 6.||None|
|Transaction information (i.e., reports of scams made through our Website by consumers using the DirecFunds Website)||All categories listed below in Section 4.||All purposes listed below in Section 5.||All categories listed below in Section 6.||None|
|Internet or other electronic network activity information e.g., browsing history, search history, interactions with our Website)||All categories listed below in Section 4.||All purposes listed below in Section 5.||All categories listed below in Section 6.||None|
4. How we collect personal information
When you visit our Website, we collect:
- website usage information automatically from the device you are using to access our Website; and
- personal information that you give us if you submit a form on our Website.
5. How we use personal information
When you visit our Website, we collect, use, and share personal information for the following business reasons:
- to prevent, detect, and protect against security incidents, fraud, and prohibited or illegal activities;
- to perform services (for us or our service providers) such as providing customer service and website analytics;
- for internal research for technological improvement;
- for internal operations;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- for business inquiries (B2B), to respond to your requests made through our Website, send you information about our products and services that we believe you will find beneficial, and to comply with your stated communication preferences;
- to create, develop, operate, deliver, maintain, and improve our Website;
- for addressing applicable legal requirements;
- to respond to your requests and comply with your stated communication preferences;
- to provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience;
- to provide other services you request;
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable privacy notice, click-through agreement, or other agreement between you and DirecFunds.
6. Who we share personal information with
We may share personal information with the following categories of third parties for the business purposes we described above in Section 5.
- our Network Financial Institutions (if you report a scam to us through our Website, we will share that information with the recipient’s bank or credit union);
- our service providers (e.g., companies that help us operate our Website and provide customer service); and
- other entities with your consent.
- Except as described in this Policy, we will not share your information with third parties without your notice and consent, unless it is under one of the following circumstances:
- Legal Reasons
- We believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, or court order;
- To respond to duly authorized information requests from law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
- To investigate and prevent security threats, fraud, or other malicious activity; or
- To respond to an emergency that we believe in good faith requires us to disclose such information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or DirecFunds employee.
Sale of Business or Merger: There are circumstances where DirecFunds may decide to buy, sell, or reorganize its business in selected countries. Under these circumstances, it may be necessary to share or receive Personal Information with prospective or actual partners or affiliates. In such circumstances, DirecFunds will ensure your information is used in accordance with this Policy.
We do not sell or lease your Personal Information to any third party. We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose your Personal Information, we enter into a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for the purposes set forth in the contract.
Like most websites, we use “cookies” and similar technologies (e.g., pixels and web beacons) to operate and improve our Website. Cookies are small data files stored on your browser or device. They may be served by the entity that operates the website you are visiting (“first-party cookies”) or by other companies (“third-party cookies”). For example, we partner with third-party analytics service providers, like Google, to help us understand how our Website is being used so we can make the Website better for you.
We use the following types of cookies on our Website:
- Analytics and Performance-Related Cookies – We may use these cookies to assess the performance of our Website, including as part of our analytic practices to improve the services offered through the Website. These cookies may be used to prevent fraudulent activity and improve security. You may disable these cookies if you’d like.
- Functionality-Related Cookies – We may use these cookies to tell us, for example, whether you have visited the Website before or if you are a new visitor and to help us identify the features in which you may have the greatest interest. You may disable these cookies if you’d like.
8. Minors’ privacy
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 18. We also do not sell information that is collected from our Website so therefore we have not sold information about minors. For information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov.
9. Your choices and rights
Network Participants/ Business Partners (B2B)
If you’ve previously expressed interest in our products and services for your financial institution and you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communication preference within the direct communication from us (e.g., using the unsubscribe link in the email you receive from us) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request, as some communications may already be in process.
10. Our data retention practices
We generally retain information collected on our Website for as long as it is necessary and relevant for our business operations and to comply with applicable law.
11. Your Rights Under State Law
How California Residents Can Request a List of Third Parties that Received Personal Information: California residents may request a list of what personal information (if any) we have shared with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Therefore, we have not shared personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes within the last 12 months.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents: California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. We do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Your Consumer Rights.
If you are a California, Colorado, or Virginia consumer, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), the Colorado Privacy Act (“CPA”) or the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”), respectively, you may be afforded additional rights with respect to your “Personal Information” as that term is explicitly defined under the CCPA, CPA, and VCDPA. Any Personal Information we collect is collected for the commercial purpose of effectively providing our services to you, as well as enabling you to learn more about, and benefit from, our services. You may exercise each of your rights as identified below, subject to our verification of your identity.
- Access. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
- Correction. You can correct what personal data our Website database currently contains by accessing your account directly, or by contacting us to request that we correct or rectify any personal data that you have provided to us.
- Prohibit Data Sharing. When applicable, you may prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information. In your request, please explain how you wish us to prohibit the sharing of your Personal Information, and which categories of third parties you want to prohibit from receiving your Personal Information. When such prohibitions are not possible to provide our services to you, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy.
- Portability. Upon request and when possible, we can provide you with copies of your Personal Information. When such a request cannot be honored, we will advise you accordingly. You can then choose to exercise any other rights under this Policy
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Opt-out of Processing. You have the right to request that we do not sell your Personal Information, use your Personal Information for Targeted Advertising, or use your Personal Information for profiling. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Non-Discrimination. If a California, Colorado, or Virginia data subject exercises his or her rights under applicable state law, including the CCPA, CPA, and VCDPA, we shall not discriminate against that resident by denying our goods or services, charging different prices or rates to similarly situated consumers, providing a different level or quality of our goods or services, or taking any other adverse action.
- Exercising your rights. If you are a California, Colorado, or Virginia resident who chooses to exercise the rights listed above, you can:
- Submit a request via email at email@example.com; or
- Call us at 1-866-719-2075] to submit your request.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personal Information. If an authorized agent makes a request on your behalf, we may require proof that you gave the agent permission to submit the request.
Responding to Your Request. Upon receiving your request, we will confirm receipt of your request by sending you an email confirming receipt. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the Personal Information. In some instances, such as a request to delete personal information, we may first separately confirm that you would like for us to in fact delete your personal information before acting on your request.
We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process Personal Information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
12. Links to third party websites
Our Website may contain links to other third-party websites, such as our Network Financial Institutions and regulatory bodies such as the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). When you leave our Website and visit those websites, you are bound by the privacy notices of those websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third-party websites, which are governed by their own privacy notices and practices.
13. How we protect personal information
To help us protect your personal information, we maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers and information access authorization controls.
14. Where personal information is stored
We are located in the United States. Our services are available for eligible United States users only. Our operations use a network of computers, cloud-based services, and other infrastructure and information technology that are based in the United States. Additionally, we may use third-party service providers that may are located and process or store your personal information in the United States.
15. Changes to this Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice. We may notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a notice on the Website. You should check the Website frequently for updates.
16. How to contact us
If your questions are not answered in this Privacy Notice, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at:
Attn: Privacy Office
9100 Centre Point Drive, Suite 100
West Chester, OH 45069
If you need assistance with the DirecFunds application, please contact Consumer Services at